Daler Rowney Purified Poppy Oil is a clear oil medium that is used to mix with and reduce white and lighter oil paints. You can use it to dilute oil colours and to apply colours as transparent glazes, or to enhance gloss and flow. Purified Poppy Oil is less inclined to yellow than Linseed Oil, but is slower drying.
This medium will enhance the gloss and flow of oil colours but adding too much of the Poppy Oil Medium will retard thorough-drying of the oil paint. Use equal parts of Daler Rowney Poppy Oil and Daler Rowney Turpentine if a high gloss finish to the paint is not required.
- Purified Poppy Oil
- Used to mix with and reduce white and lighter colours
- Also enhances gloss and flow
- Colour: clear, less inclined to yellow than linseed oil
- Very slow drying
- For optimal result mix with Turpentine
- Keep well away from children
- 1x Daler-Rowney Artists' Clear Picture Varnish for Oil Colour 75ml